Monday, February 25, 2008

I think I am ready for spring!


It is actually warm here in good ole' Texas today. It is like in the 80's. I can't believe it. And I think that it has put me in the mood for spring. I am ready to start taking more flower pictures and getting ready for our spring break trip.
We have decided to head to San Antonio again for Sea World. We had the BEST time a couple of years ago. We, of course, take the RV down loaded up with all of the crew ( kids and dogs ). I know the kids will enjoy it more just because they are older. I will make a confession, everytime we watch the orca whale show, I cry. There is just something about their size and their beauty that seems to get me all weepy. Sad, I know.
So, with my spring fever today I decided to do some flower pieces. I am sure there will be more in the near future until I decide to move on to something else. This piece is 5" by 5" gallery wrapped canvas. I have made a really light and airy flower transfer onto old ledger paper. I then distressed it with some slash marks and added texture. I will be listing this piece on etsy.

No comments: