Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Nature is the art of God


Mom has encouraged me to work with beeswax again. I played with it when Claudine Hellmuth's book first came out. I have all the stuff. I just have not touched it for a while. So mom told me to join a group called Step Outside Your Box Saturdays. I messed up though because we are not supposed to have any flourishes on our piece. I will have to start over tomorrow with a different piece. My bad. I should have looked closer at the instructions.
For this piece I made an inkjet transfer onto ledger paper. It is a beautiful flower that is truly an artwork of God. I added two flourishes that I designed and cut. I then added the saying "Nature is the art of God". I love the way this turned out. It is only 4"by 6". I have yet to decide whether I am going to mount it onto a canvas. We will see.

No comments: