Friday, August 19, 2011

Screenprinting using watercolor crayons and acrylic medium

Whenever I get a request from one of my kiddos I get excited.  Alexis has been watching and playing around with me and screenprinting.  She asked me to make her a picture for her room.  Lately, we have been using watercolor crayons and coloring directly onto the screen which has been fun and forgiving.  You can get more than one pull out of the screen but every one is different and unique. 
For this little picture, we used a stencil made from contact paper which we placed onto the screen.  Then we took a few different colors and drew directly onto the open area of the stencil.  Then we laid the screen onto our fabric and pulled the print with acrylic medium.  This first picture is what it looked like after it was dry.
Then I added some free motion quilting and dye ink to bring out the stitching.  The little flower top was made using a ruffler foot and then twisting it up to look like a flower.  It ended up pretty cute for a little girl's room.



No comments: