Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Resolutions!

So I don't usually make New Year's resolutions, but this year I have decided to jump in with a couple that I think will help along my creative process which has been in a little bit of a slump due to other duties in my life that have come up lately.
I am excited about what this year is going to bring. So what are my new resolutions????

First, I am going to start keeping a more serious art journal. I have been keeping one for a while now but always have the expectation that it should look like a finished piece of art instead of what it is meant for and that is an idea book. It is really only meant for my own personal "jumping off" anyway. And I want to jump back in on my blogging which I consider an extension of an art journal.

Second, I have been fortunate enough to inherit a wonderful Pentax ME Super from my late grandfather. It is a fantastic 35mm with a few great lenses. I have had in interest in photography but this is the year that I intend to learn how to take the manual off my cameras and explore the creative process through the lens. I also want to process my own prints.

That's it. I think those will be good starting points for me for right now. Some times it is difficult to keep my life straight with two kiddos, homework, housework, church stuff, animals, a husband, etc, and also make time for my creative side. I am hoping this will all help.

Oh, this pick is of my and my "little artist" an New Year's Eve. Just a few days ago.

No comments: