Tuesday, March 4, 2008

We had snow last night!!!!



I can't believe it. We actually had snow last night. I let the kids stay up a little late because they were predicting snow. I was not really sure it would happen. I mean, I have not seen snow in a few years. So, we were reading and I decided to look out the back door. Low and behold, it was coming down fast and furious. I have never heard the kids giggle so much about the weather. We opened up the door and gathered some up to make little balls to throw. And after a little time and very cold hands, I put them to bed. Unfortunately, I woke up this morning to absolutely NO SNOW. It melted that fast. Crazy. It was super sad was Alexis jumped outta bed and to the back door only to begin crying. When I asked her what was wrong she said that she wanted to build a snowman. Adorable. Bailey only asked if school was canceled.
This is a piece that I just finished. I am enjoying layering up on canvases and canvas board. Kinda like a frame. This is a transfer of a great statue. I also added some paper flourishes to the base canvas board

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really like the layering effect.

Shame about the snowman! We rarely get enough snow here to make a snowball let alone a snowman!!

Heather Robinson said...

Oh Alisha, You should just bundle up your little ones and come visit me in Ontario where we have LOTS of snow for making snowmen. We are not quite as delighted by it. I'm so appreciative for the comment that you left on my blog because your artwork is stunning. I'd love to link you if that is okay?!